Friday, July 15, 2011

Carrion Fly and Honey bee

It was born in death, it fed on death
Gorged itself with the full breadth
Of that huge breathless body
And flourished on putrid mortality
It’s suckers knew well their business end
Hurrying a helpless body to its end



http://bugsandbear.blogspot.in/
A bumble bee on its nectarine way
Stopped a bit. Had something to say
The fly had no time, its little mouth too busy
The bee went away sighing in pity
Something stirred within the fly
It mused, ‘that bee, weirdo, just passes by
Welcome table, red meat ripped open
Where does it go, to other food, better even?' ?

But the taste, sights and smells of blood
Soon the flea’s all senses drugged
It sups and sleeps and finds its mate
All world’s flesh could never satiate
Amidst it’s fool life all dead and dull
It thought of the bee for a moment still
It looked up, sure the bee was there again
This time the fly followed in its train
As it flew it felt it’s proboscis growing
Glided along, sat on a lotus flowering

I’m that flea, it hit hard, I blinked
Crash. I woke. Everything clicked
I’m on the look out for those rare honey bees
Sure will come to me, though far away, seven seas



Thanks to
http://itstartswithme-danielle.blogspot.com/2010_05_01_archive.html

1 comment:

  1. Hi Swami! Thanks so much stumbling across my blog and for letting me know you used my photo :)

    Also, just to let you know...I have nothing against smokers... I just want people to not throw their butts on the ground (same for all other litter too). Everything I do is to help bring awareness to help create a positive change in our world :)

    Hope you have an amazing day... Happy August!

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete