Friday, August 19, 2011

Where are they, the phantoms?


Last night I let darkness fall on my eyes

Shadows crept into my home

Sneaks of all sizes confidently poured in

Clinging to any little hard thing they could get hold of


Seep, creep, slither thither

‘Left, right, tiptoe

Here we are, never to go’

Hop stop In


I slashed away in all directions

They gave way like red butter

Fell into gory little pieces

But one would not go

Dead, lifeless but not powerless

The crabby, skeletal ghost won’t let go

I hit hard but it clings tight

I jerk, I shrug, I chuck

I toss, I fling, I throw

I do everything so that it goes far,

Out of my way

It does that.


But I sense its ruthless march back

Oh, I don’t have the strength to halt it!

(Or is it that I don’t have the mind?)

I am left with the perpetual remnant


Am I?


The soft sun caressed my eyes

The holy waters are wetting them

Where are they, the phantoms?

Where have they drifted away to,

those dry flakes?


Ah, Darkness is thy doing

Let at least the lightest of flames be

(That will do, to drive away

the darkest of demons)

Till thou catch the blaze

From tip to toe

(or Till thou art all ablaze)

No comments:

Post a Comment