Saturday, February 25, 2012

Stone

Bruised, I rushed that I could draw comfort from
The soft lap of declared friendship
He was soft all round, but for me, no room
In his bosom, I discovered, a hard stone chip

‘nother talks of law and order
Which has shrunk the space in his heart;
A keeper of the Law's corner stone, a jail warder,
His Masters soldier playing his part

I turn to God, run to the shrine
Cry my woes before the Deity
My dead stone of despair stay, no gain
God before me remains stony

With stone pierced hurt in me,
I bang against stone everywhere;
Search the world in bended knee
To quench with a drop, from somewhere

The invalid convalesces
Tries walking, never lets go the prop
The stony docs and nurses
Snatch it, let it drop

So, Ma, my head sees you
Behind all these stony facades
May my bruised heart too
Burst these blinding blockades

2/7/2002 for 1/7/2002; Direct into computer; 1.18 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment