Friday, February 24, 2012

Thoughts under a stuffy shirt



I am stuffy under my shirt
Why ?
I w’s lazy to have my bath, that is why.
And that’s why I have deaths and births.
Umpteen number of times have I
Given up laziness
It has brought me great troubles, nevertheless
How fond of it am I !
La Totapuri
I had left laziness and other ills
How many times, I cannot tell
But again made merry
Is there a way out?
Abhyasa Yoga ! Repeat practice
After thousand falls may come a rise
Vivekananda’s voice ring out
So, here, yet again, I
Deign to drop sloth and such sins
Windows cat at me winks
Prove her wrong, will I.
Now she laughs uproariously
Yet the same, say I
I am Tota’s lineage, that is why.
Sure a spark has come down genetically.
I’ve clicked the cat out of sight
Now to have my bath
Like a dusty elephant to stables after bath
I ride into the night.
Night, 7.08 p.m. 10 May 2002.
(Direct into the computer)

No comments:

Post a Comment